switchplus offers DOMAINs…
- from a portfolio of over 500 extensions including important options
- that are easy to administer
- with extra services for increased security
- including all the handling if the registry imposed restrictions on the registration of certain domains
- with individual billing
- that aren’t even on the market yet by using a great annotation feature
What is it?
- A clear address – similar to an online phone number – that you own and that can be used for your specific needs and wishes.
- A subscription for the use of a domain that can be renewed or cancelled on a yearly basis.
What’s the point?
- A personal characteristic that can be used as long as you wish.
- A trademark for communication.
- A clear address for website and email.
- A platform for online business.
Who is it for?
- For businesses who want to present and communicate their business activities online
- For organisations and initiatives who want to get their message across and administer their members
- For private people who want to share interests or information with others.
How much does it cost?
e.g. CHF 15.50 a year (incl. VAT) for .ch DOMAINs
e.g. CHF 120.- a year (incl. VAT) for .swiss DOMAINs
The price for a DOMAIN depends on the DOMAIN ending.
Optional: LINK CHF 29.00 a year (incl. VAT)
Optional: PRIVACY CHF 19.00 a year (incl. VAT)
Optional: SAFE CHF 34.00 a year (incl. VAT)
Optional: TOOLfree for free
- Subscription period 12 months.
- All of the service features included in the price.
- Advance payment without deduction due within
- 30 days from date of invoice.
- Period of notice 35 days prior to the end of the respective subscription period.
- General Terms and Conditions of switchplus ltd. apply.
Top Level Domains (TLD)
With switchplus, you can register DOMAINs with generic (gTLD), country specific (ccTLD) and new generic (new gTLD) endings.
All of the DOMAINs can consist of 3 to 63 characters. Exceptions are DOMAINs with umlauts and special characters, the so-called Internationalized DOMAIN (IDN). These characters are encoded in an ACE string, because the DOMAIN system (DNS) does not support them. Please note: With an IDN, the encoded characters in the ACE string are counted.
DOMAINs can consist of characters from the following character set:
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 –
With the TLDs .ch, .li and .de the following, additional IDN characters are permitted:
à á â ã ä å æ ç è é ê ë ì í î ï ð ñ
ò ó ô õ ö ø ù ú û ü ý þ ÿ
With the TLD .biz, .com, .eu, .info, .name, .net und .org the following additional IDN characters are permitted:
ä ö ü
The hyphen may not be used as first or last character. Because of the ACE string, the hyphen should not be placed in 3rd and 4th position in the DOMAIN.
Restriction to the TLD .asia
Please note, that for the registration of .asia DOMAINs a contact person (CED) must be filed for legal cases. We will therefore take our fiduciary Nameproxy Ltd., Cyprus, automatically as the CED to the registry.
Restriction to the TLD .de
Please note, that DENIC accepts only an admin-contact based in Germany dor .de DOMAINs. We insert therefore in any case “Rechtsanwalt Michael Heller, Luegplatz 6, 40545 Düsseldorf, Deutschland” as Admin-C or trustee contact at DENIC.
Please note, that for a .de DOMAIN for the time being our name servers are registered. After the payment, the name servers will be entered in the zone file, unless you have registered the DOMAIN without name servers.
Restriction to the TLD .eu
Please note, that EURID accepts for the registration of .eu DOMAINs holders domiciled in the EU only. We will therefore place a hirer, the Proxy Service Ltd., Malta, automatically as the holder with EURID and will run you as the client at switchplus ltd.
Restriction to the TLD .fr
Please note, that AFNIC accepts for the registration of .fr DOMAINs holders domiciled in the EU only. We will therefore place a hirer automatically as the holder with AFNIC and will run you as the client at switchplus ltd.
Restriction to the TLD .it
Please note, that Registro.it accepts for the registration of .it DOMAINs holders domiciled in the EU only. We will therefore place a hirer automatically as the holder with Registro.it and will run you as the client at switchplus ltd.
Restriction to the TLD .name
DOMAINs ending in “.name” may only be registered with your personal name or names for which you own trademark rights.
Check before registering a DOMAIN if your selected DOMAIN is violating any trademark rights of third parties.
s soon as switchplus has confirmed your payment, the DOMAINs will be available. At the end of your subscription period, your subscription will be automatically renewed for another year.
Data Maintenance and Data Confirmation
To keep your data updated at all times, you will receive an e-mail from switchplus with a list of your personal address data for verification and confirmation (Whois reminder) for the DOMAINs .asia, .biz, .com, .fr, .info, .me, .name, .net, .org and new gTLD.
Registries and registrars have different policies for characters and services. For a registrar transfer to switchplus, general terms and conditions of switchplus ltd. have to be met and accepted.
As a result of the holder’s termination or switchplus’ cancellation, deleted DOMAINs will generally be open for registration again after a certain period. During this period of time, you can have customer service of switchplus renew the DOMAIN. A re-intrusion of the service is charged at a flat rate and will be executed after receipt of payment.
An exception is the .de, .at, .fr, .it, .eu and new gTLD DOMAIN. For this DOMAIN there is no right of withdrawal. DOMAINs ending in .ch and .li are open for registration again after 14 days (the so-called “On Hold Period”). With the other DOMAINs there is a „Redemption Period“ of different length after which they are open for registration again.